Healthy Office Snacks
For many of us today marked the first week back for the New Year! and if you’re anything like me, you’re likely to still be dreaming about the beach and wondering how time went by way too quickly… So to kick off 2016 on the right foot, and perhaps get your nutrition back on track after a few too many naughty treats here are some of my favourite healthy office snacks.
When it comes to healthy office snacks, my rule of thumb is that they must be nutrient dense, quick and convenient and totally portable! (think home to office minus the spills, squishiness and general mess).
Healthy office snacks
1. My Paleo Muffins – these muffins are super simple to make, freeze really well and are the perfect nourishing morning or afternoon tea snack. I will often make a batch of these each week, and will change up which fruits I add depending on what’s in the house. Set aside some time on the weekend to prepare these babies for the week ahead and you WON”T be disappointed.
2. Chopped veggies & dips – So simple and easy! Literally chop whatever veggies you have in the fridge (think celery, carrot, cucumber, raddish etc..) pop them into a bag or container with some dip. My nutritional tip: To help keep you feeling full, aim for a protein based dip like hummus or tzatziki.
3. Almond butter with….Corn thins, apples, banana, on it’s own – My ultimate go-to snack when I’m in a hurry! (or when I’m not near a health food store) almond butter is available everywhere these days and is perfect for your work draw when those 3pm hunger pains kick in. Perfect a top of chopped apple slices, corn thins, banana or on its own as I’ve been known to do…..
5. Chia Pudding – Make up a big batch of this recipe and portion into small jars for the working week! Top with some delicious homemade granola for an extra healthy treat!
6. Homemade Trail Mix – Much better than some of those nasty ones you can buy from the shops which are filled with dried fruit (so many nasty chemicals that wreck havoc on your guts!). Make your trail mix nut based, add in some seeds, shredded coconut, cacao nibs for a chocolate hit and goji berries for antioxidants.
7. Hard boiled eggs – The ultimate wholefood. Perfect nutrition in its own little package!
8. Air popped popcorn – Simply pop corn kernels in a little coconut oil, season with Himalayan sea salt and store in an air tight container.
9. Yoghurt and berries – Top natural/greek/coconut of sheeps yoghurt with fresh or frozen berries for a delicious sweet treat minus the guilt.
10. Fresh fruit – Seasonal fresh fruit has to be the simplest quick and easy snack there is. Stock up in your weekly grocery or farmers market shop so you’re prepped for the week.
Have I missed your favourite go-to healthy snack? Let me know in the comments below.
You can find more simple and nourishing recipes for your working week in my eBook which has been created with busy people in mind! This is my go-to guide for healthy breakfast, lunch and snack ideas for when you want something healthy in a hurry! Why not invest in your health this year!
You can pick up your instant copy of my ebook HERE!