Five Reasons to love Green Smoothies
Green Smoothies have been a part of my morning routine for quite some time now, and I can honestly say that I can literally FEEL the difference that this power packed drink has made to my health, energy and overall wellbeing.
Whist it has taken some convincing to get family and friends aboard the Green Smoothie express, I thought I’d share five reasons why you too should be adding the green stuff to your diet and how your body will benefit!
1. Natural energy boost unlike caffeine, your morning smoothie will give you a natural kick-start! The balance of greens and natural sugars occurring in fruit will mean slow releasing energy that won’t come crashing down around 11am. Reach for lower GI fruits like berries, apple and pear.
2. Aids weight loss whilst I don’t advocate green smoothies for this reason, in saying that it is a nice bonus! Be sure to add some healthy fats like avocado, flaxseed or coconut oil to make a more balanced meal and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
3. Boost your immunity. A big dose of greens each morning is a brilliant way to keep sickness at bay, and keep you feeling good all year round.
4. Packed with disease-fighting antioxidants. The phytonutrients in leafy greens boost your body’s immune system and keep it functioning properly.
5. By far the quickest ‘take-away’ brekkie. A green smoothie will take less than 5 minutes to make, throw everything into the blender, pour into a jar and you’re ready to go!
Are you keen to make one yourself? Here is one of my favourite recipes.